Periodic upgrades of the product are necessary in order to effectively utilize MapAnything.
Note: Upgrading to a newer version of MapAnything will not affect any saved queries or custom configurations.
An upgrade can be done in one of three ways:
1. A representative from MapAnything’s Support Team can upgrade the application for you. Email Support@MapAnything.com to select this option.
2. You can upgrade the application yourself once provided with the link to do so. A representative from MapAnything’s Support Team can provide this link. Email Support@MapAnything.com to select this option.
3. You can upgrade the application yourself by visiting the MapAnything listing on the AppExchange for the latest version link: http://appexchange.salesforce.com/listingDetail?listingId=a0N3000000586bhEAA
If you choose to upgrade to a new version of MapAnything yourself, follow the directions provided:
1. Follow the prompts from the AppExchange listing or copy and paste the link provided by a representative from MapAnything’s Support Team into your browser.
2. Click Continue.
3. You will now be prompted to allow third-party access to Google.
4. Check the box “Yes, grant access to these third-party web sites” in order to allow Google to render its mapping system in your Salesforce environment.
5. Click Continue.
Step 1. Approve Package API Access:
a. Review the permissions listed on the page.
b. Package Custom Objects: This Package will have the user’s access (via the API) to all Custom Objects in your Organization.
c. Extended Object Permissions: This Package will have Read, Create, Edit, and Delete permissions for all of the standard objects listed.
d. General User Permissions: This Package uses all of the General User Permissions from the user’s Profile.
e. Administrative Permissions: This Package uses all of the Administrative Privileges from the user’s Profile.
f. Click Next.
Step 2. Choose security level:
a. In order for MapAnything to work properly, it is necessary to select: Grant access to all users: All internal custom profiles get full access.
b. Once you have selected your security settings, click Next.
Step 3. Install Package: Click Install to initiate the MapAnything installation. Please allow a few minutes while the MapAnything package installs.
a. See processing page.
b. Confirm that the Installation was successful by clicking Your Name | Setup | App Setup | Deploy | Installed Packages.